Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Flourless Chocolate Cake and a Water Update

Flourless Chocolate Cake.  It doesn't sound right, but what if it is?  It may have definite possibilities, combining two of my favourite things (chocolate and cake, of course) but leaving out that, which we now know is evil - Flour.  So many of us, for so many years, cowered from sugar, fat, red meat (of course, cowering did not stop the gluttonish over-indulgence of these staples of the North American diet, just made us feel worse about doing it) and now, NOW, we find out that Flour is likely the downfall of civilization as we know it.

So, armed with this new knowledge and the sheer determination to postpone the aforementioned downfall, I set out to figure out how to quell the screaming in my head for chocolate (and for cake!) but not subject my toxin-ridden, Flour-filled body with more of that sheep-in-a-wolf's-clothes substance, Flour.  And I did it.

To be honest, if was a no-brainer.  Nicole, at Baking Bites, one of my FAVOURITE (Canadian spelling much, eh?) baking blogs posted this recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake, and to my delight, I had all five ingredients so quickly threw them together and the result is currently baking away in my oven (during high peak time-of-use electricity hours, no less!).  It had better be worth the higher priced kilo-watts!  I'll keep you posted.

WATER.

While I remain on unfriendly terms with this fluid, the basement is on the way to drying out.  The dehumidifier that we rented wasn't really up to the task, so we're trying to get another one tonight.  In the meantime, the little dehumidifier and fans are going strong. 

I sure was happy to wake up this morning to rain - that's the best ever.  Blech.

Well, I have to run, the oven timer is dinging.  My blood sugar is low and my hopes are high.

No comments:

Post a Comment