Thursday, April 14, 2011

Life.

Life. Such as it is, keeps moving forward and burying me in details, burying me in the mundane, routine, bland details that fall under the category No One Except Me Gives a Second Thought To.  A big part of me wants to blame Life for that, but the bigger part of me (and um, no, that's not my thighs, thank you very much!) knows that only I can steer this unwieldy beast, I have thus far so unimaginatively called, My Life.

So. Back to Life.  I figure that it's time to take back control of all aspects of this, My Life, and beat it into the size, shape, configuration, flavour and aesthetic of my choosing.  No small feat, to be sure.

Whew. I'm exhausted already.  But, my all of kids are still up and running amok so no naps for me just yet.  I really wish they would stop stuffing lego up each other's noses.  It's really starting to gross me out.

Anyway...

As with everything else I decide to tackle (days, kids, tasks, chocolate, relationships, jobs, food, errant, arrogant drivers who use the HOV lanes while driving solo and talking on the phone) there needs to be a method to my madness and the best (and entirely legal) method I have is to make a list. At least one list every, single day. And many lists to cover off the Bigger parts of My Life.

Refining any of my lists is a chore unto itself, but maybe posting them for the world to see will make me accountable for checking things off my lists and not merely moving the item over to a new list. And yes, I check things off - I hate crossing things off my list - it would appear that crossing something off ruins the whole relationship I have with that list and makes me look at it like it's a lover whom I just found on my kitchen table, naked, with the meter reader - but that's another story for another time, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment