Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Water. Lots of Water

So, you may be thinking 'Oh, jayzus, not ANOTHER person blathering on about the benefits of drinking water - I won't read it, I can't stand it!  Now where is my Diet Pepsi?'  Well, don't despair.  I'm not going to tell you to drink water.  Right now, I am not a fan of water.  At all.  In fact, right now, I am cursing water from the depths of my being and if there was a replacement for it (dishes, showers, laundry), I'd be signing on the dotted line.

Why?

Because of the inches and inches of it that are currently in my basement.Baby toys floating by the washing machine, cardboard boxes of stuff I was going to sort through 'later,' Chipboard/formica/Ikea furniture acting like sponges and absorbing the wet.  Water.  Soaking the carpets, ruining the furniture, mocking me with it's icy cold misery.  Yup.  Sump pump failures suck. 

So, what do I do?  I place the 9-11 call to my husband, who is on his way to work, battling traffic on the 400, and tell him "Honey, the basement is flooded." After some discussion on the severity of the situation, he decides to turn around, come home and help slay the flood monster.

And?

Well, right now, he is on his way to rent dehumidifiers, a carpet cleaner, and please God, if there is any justice, he'll bring me a sour cream glazed donut.  My head hurts, my feet are cold, and I'm decending nicely into a pity party.  A donut right now would help immensely.  Really.  It would.

No comments:

Post a Comment